8.13.2013

His side of the story...

Yes. I am still explaining our love story. So sorry. But, I just keep thinking my children will thank me one day.

So, remember I'm going on a mission...then kind of accidentally started falling for this one boy on facebook? Here is his story. A little less dramatic. But still miraculous.

My husband! I mean...is this
 real life?
This boy. He is 29. Which is great. Because older men are better. At everything. Actually, I don't know. I just like that he is old. I just do. Anyways...being old, he had been home from his mission quite some time. About ten years to be exact.

One day he got an email. On facebook. From my brother in law. Who was in the Brazil MTC with him. Ten years ago. Crazy. I know. So, they haven't talked for ten years. And then. Out of the blue. He mentioned some girls he thought this boy might be interested in. The boy wasn't so sure about it. Until he saw my dark brown hair. Seriously. My hair. That was all he cared about. Boys are so weird.

So, after a slight moment of potential hope, he brushed it aside. A mission. He wasn't going to mess with that. Then that darling brother-in-law of mine helped me out. He pushed the issue a little. Telling him just to give the girl a shot. I love my brother in law. He did a good job.

So the boy did. He added the brown haired girl. And talked to her on the phone, in his car. Cuz, he didn't want his parents getting any ideas.

So, he liked this girl. She seemed to be just about what he had been looking for. And he had looked. Trust me. For ten years he looked. And he pretty much knew what he wanted. So, for two years he kissed no girls. And there were offers. But, they just did not fit the bill. (Oh what a wonderful thing is is for my ego to sneakily stare at all these darling cute girls my husband passed up. For me. How in the world?)  Anyways...He knew what he wanted. (And it just so happened to be me!) And he knew he would snatch her when he found her. So, he waited. For the precise moment. And it came.

And it was because this boy was patient. And he asked Heavenly Father to answer his prayers. And he worked hard. And had faith. And his turn came.

Again, God is in the details of our lives. He had been planning this for years. At least ten. When that boy met that brother in law of mine. So watch out. You never know what is stewing in your life.

So anyways...we met. In Vegas. For five days. We'll just talk about the first.

I knocked on the door. He answered. And I died. Literally. He was wearing non-grandpa pants. Thank you to the fashion Gods. They saved him. But more importantly. He glowed. And I just...I mean, He was my best friend. I knew it. There he was. I had been looking for him. I ran to the bathroom and fanned my face. Dabbled a little water on my fire red cheeks. Took a deep breath and walked out into this daydream.

Here we are. Laughing. Until we fall down dead. 
The day flew. We talked. And kind of fell in love. And then night came. So. Duh. We watched a movie. And, we snuggled. I don't even know how it started? Oh wait. I do. I got a drink. Came back. And slam-bam. There were his arms out waiting for me. Annnyways...

The movie. Dancing with wolves. It's kind of weird. But I love it now. Cuz this is where the magic happened. You see, there is this part where all sorts of riskay things start happening. Like clothes falling off. Gross. I know. So, my husband, in his infinate wisdom pulled my chin around close to his face. To save me from seeing the filth on the tv. It was so kind of him. Thus, in order to distract us from what was happenin on the big screen, we... Well, we laughed. And felt awkward. And then. Yup. We kissed. It was awesome.

Then we stayed up. All night. Not kissing. Duh. We talked. And talked. And laughed. And cried. cried! We seriously cried.

And the next four days, we were best friends. Me. Being late for everything. Putting make-up on in his car. Sleeping while he drove. Getting lost. And everything else that you do with your best friend.

And, now we are ((still)) totally in love. And married.


3 comments:

  1. I love this so much. Remember how you always get rid of your Facebook? Good thing you had it then....just sayin.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I actually was considering deleting it...but..i figured I would be without it for 18 months...so i could keep it a bit longer...haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful! I love your story. It makes my heart happy!

    ReplyDelete