8.22.2013

HappyHappyHappy!

An average day's pickins'

So every morning. Ok. Mostly just mornings I somehow magically awake at the same time as my hubby, we go on a date. To the raspberry and strawberry patches! I just really love it. And then we go back inside, bearing the fruit of our labors (Ha! See what I did there?) And he makes me a milkshake. While I get back into bed. Trophy husband? Tell me about it.
The couple who took this pic was hoping to
set Cameron up with their granddaughter.
Then they saw him walking out holding my
hand :)  P.s. he calls this my beaver
dress. "Tiff, wear that beaver one..
ya know...with the tail?"


And, our goal of attending the temple monthly is 100% Two whole months J And that has had this profound ability to turn ordinary living into something so much better. When we walk out of there, we are engulfed with this feeling of profound gratitude for all we have! Not wanting anything more. It is like we fall in love all over again. Not, that we ever fell out or anything. 


But, no time to lally gag. I’m already behind in adventures. So I will jump back a few weeks. When we went camping.

You see. We love the wilderness. And my husband. He is a mountain man. So, we loaded our camo hiking backpacks and hit the trail. For two whole days.

But we didn’t just meander to a camp ground. We went up. Way up. To where the wild beasts roam. At about 13,000 feet we were officially off the trail. It was awesome.

We saw hundreds of Elk. Heard motheres calling to their babies and herding them safely beyond the mountain side. Stood in awe as huge Bull Elk walked along the skyline. It was absolutely majestic.

We walked through a skunkweed field! It covered Malou's head!
Right above my head was a massive heard of elk. But, my
lil' phone didn't quite have the zoom power to capture them.

Anways…after setting up camp we decided to climb to the tippy-toppy of the tallest mountains to scout sheep. Which is the hardest thing I have ever done. They are impossible to see. Seriously. You are looking for grey animals standing in grey rocks.
While scouting (Cameron
quickly realized I was no
help) Malou and I bonded. 
So, after hours of staring at rocks. Two days of staring, actually. (We did see sheep! But no rams. L) And with tight sore bottoms we began the downhill trek.

So, on our way out of the cliff sides we started singing on of my favorite songs. Ok, not even. I’m actually a little embarrassed that this is the song we sang. But it just popped into my head, and would not leave until it was given sufficient attention.  So, in a lovely melody, we took sang “beans, beans, the magical fruit” in a wide variety of pitches. Harmonizing. Vibrato. Opera. You name it. It really is such an easy song to work with. And, before we knew it, we had made it we were back on the trail home! Singing makes the time fly! Perhaps next time we will be a little more classy with our choice of song…hopefully.
We climbed to the tippy-toppy of that tall rocky cliff. And I
was COLD! And yes, I'm wearing binoculars...like I'm
actually going to see anything. And yes, that is the
warmest jacket I brought. Idiot. 


So, we’re still walking. And then we came upon a stream. And he caught a fish with his hands. With his hands! Let me explain. I totally doubted him. And then he laid down on his belly and dropped his hands into the cold mountain water. While laying without a movement, he explained to me that all he needed was to have a fish swim close enough to where he could massage its belly. And the fish would like it so much it would just roll over and go limp. Now, I think my husband may know I’m not super smart. And probably takes advantage of that. By telling me stories like this so I can embarrass myself by telling the whole world about it online. Either way…I swear to you. Whatever he did. It worked. And before I knew it a flying fish landed at my feet and my husband pushed himself up off the bank with a “see, I told you” grin smothering his face.

So, after our fishing extravaganza we hit the trail once again. And, I suddenly felt my face feeling…hurt. And tight. It began to tingle a little. I asked Mr. Barr if I was burnt. “eh, little red” he said. That was his whole response. That was it. Nothing more. No “owie” expression on his face. Now, this is important. You need to recognize the lack of emphasis that man put on my sunburn. Because, when we finally arrived at the truck, I learned that Mr. Barr was either blind or just never actually saw my face. Because it wasn’t just a little red. It was destroyed. Don’t I look like the bad guy off Captain America? I’m actually surprised my nose didn’t just fry right off my face like his…it felt like it just might.

The difference between
the neck and chin is just
so sad.  
But, I gotta give a little shoutout to my Mumsie in law and her voodoo oils. Cuz they totally worked! Thank heavens for smart Mommas!

And since I’m on a nature kick. I just have to tell you. About the other day when my husband got bit by a rattlesnake. On his leg. But luckily, he had heavy duty boots on and the snake just stuck in them. And didn’t get any further. I wasn’t there to have a total emotional breakdown, which is great. Cuz I totally would’ve. I simply had to hear about it after seeing him alive and well. That still didn’t stop me from imagining him limping off the mountain, with a swollen black leg. Almost to the pickup passing out and not having the strength to call his wife. And then..oh you know. Dying.
I am so dramatic. But, nonetheless, he didn’t die. So I am so grateful for tender mercies! And a husband. Who is alive. 

6 comments:

  1. You guys just might be the cutest couple.ever! I look forward to hearing more Barr adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, since I forgot to sign my name. The above comment was from Kaylene. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that the Denver temple?! That's my temple!!! Augh....I love that place. :) You, my dear, are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It is Denver! And you are back from your mission!!! :) :)

      Delete
  4. I love so much that he calls it your "beaver dress". And I'm so glad you sang that wonderful song out in nature. I'm sure it's applicable for all species...haha :)

    ReplyDelete